December is finally coming to a close and that means so is 2013. It was an eventful year for myself (and you too hopefully!). I put in a lot of miles, met people I don’t even remember and even got stranded in Texas once. Here is a look back at the 10 most popular posts from my first year of doing Glass Duffle.
10. Five tips that will keep you out of jail on a road trip.
No clever or misleading title here. These are just 5 little pointers from personal experience that will keep you out of jail and on the road on your next road trip.
9. Leave college with MORE than a piece of paper.
College is way more about the experiences during your time in the institution than the end result, your degree.
8. Paying homage to US rails on National Train Day.
On National Train Day, I took a quick look back at my train adventures up to that point, featuring a couple videos and some pictures from along the way.
7. Everything has an end; this ain’t mine.
The very first Glass Duffle blog!
6. My letter imploring Greyhound Denver to improve service.
I wish I could say this post was the only time I had a shitty situation with Greyhound this year. It’s not. It’s just the most read.
5. No city can compare to what Pittsburgh has.
I dare you to disagree!
4. When Athens happens.
Ohio University sits in a town called Athens. And weird things happen there.
3. No squares at Denver’s Circle of Death.
A Denver tradition that involves bicycles, elaborate costumes and plenty of booze.
2. #5 California Zephyr.
My most viewed video from my time traveling and definitely my personal favorite. This video takes you from Denver, CO to Sacramento, CA along the Amtrak California Zephyr.
1. West Coast Medley w/ Amtrak via Instagram.
The California Zephyr video ultimately opened the door for me to travel with Amtrak along the California coast. These are the Instagram photos that resulted!